Are you trying to get an ASP.NET job? Then you must be preparing for job interviews. If you do, then asp.net core interview questions are something that you should study very well.
But most of the new developers aren’t aware of what questions they will get asked. If the same goes with you, then I have got your back. As in this article, I will be sharing asp.net core interview questions and answers.
So all you need to do is study these asp.net core interview questions. Also, let me mention that I have only picked interview asp.net interview questions for 3 years experience, asp.net MVC interview questions and answers for 2 years experience.
So no matter what skill level you are at, these asp.net Core interview questions and answers will surely help you out.
ASP.net core interview questions
What is ASP.NET Core?
ASP.NET core is not an upgraded version of ASP.Net. Instead, ASP.NET Core is a completely new rewriting that works with the .NET Core framework.
It is much faster, configurable, modular, scalable, extensible and has cross-platform support. Also, it can work with both .NET core and .net framework via the .NET standard framework.
Plus, it is a suitable solution for developing cloud based programs such as web applications, mobile applications, IoT applications and others.
What are the features provided by ASP.NET Core?
Features of ASP.Net is one of the common asp.net interview questions for 3 years experience developers. And here is an answer to that:
- APS.NET core has built-in support for dependency injection.
- It comes with built-in support for the logging framework, and it can be extensible.
- It has introduced a new, fast, and cross-platform web server known as Kestrel. As a result, a web app can run without IIS, Apache, or Nginx.
- ASP.NET core also supports multiple hosting ways.
- It comes with the support for modularity. As a result, the developer needs to include the module required by the application. However, .NET Core framework is also providing a meta package that includes the libraries.
- it supports command-line, so you can easily create, build and run an application.
- In ASP.NET core, there is no web.config file. Instead, we can store the custom configuration into an appsettings.json file.
- There is no Global.asax file. As a result, we can now register and use the services in startup class.
- ASP.NET core has good support for asynchronous programming.
- It also supports WebSocket and SignalR.
- It provides protection against CSRF or better known as the cross site request forgery.
What are the advantages of ASP.NET Core over ASP.NET?
There are lots of advantages that ASP.NET core has over the ASP.NET. Some of the notable ones are mentioned below:
- ASP.NET core is a cross-platform programming language. As a result, it can run on Windows, Linux, and Mac without any issues.
- In ASP.NET core there is no dependency on framework installation. As all the required dependencies are shipped during the installation.
- ASP.NET Core can handle more requests compared to the ASP.NET.
- It also offers you multiple deployment options which are available with ASP.NET Core.
When do you choose classic ASP.NET over ASP.NET Core?
On one side, ASP.NET is a great choice in almost all aspects. There is no absolutely need to switch to ASP.NET core if you are maintaining a legacy ASP.NET application that no longer requires active development.
However, ASP.NET MVC is a better choice if you are doing any of the following things:
- You need a stable environment to work in.
- Your application requires frequent releases.
- You are already working on an existing app and extending its functionality.
- Already have an existing team with ASP.NET expertise.
Explain how HTTP protocol works?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol or HTTP is an application layer protocol for transmitting hypermedia documents such as HTML.
It is responsible for handling communications between a web browser and web services. HTTP follows a classical client-server model.
The client refers to a web browser that opens a connection to make a request. Then it waits until it receives a response from the server.
HTTP is a protocol that allows the fetching of resources, such as HTML documents. It is the foundation of any data exchange on the Web, and it is a client-server protocol, which means requests are initiated by the recipient, usually the Web browser.
What is the NuGet package manager?
As software developers don’t write all the code from scratch. Instead, they rely on different libraries of code written by other developers. Any modern development platform must provide a mechanism where developers can download and use existing libraries. Also, these existing libraries are often known as packages.
Similarly, NuGet is a package manager for the .NET ecosystem. Microsoft has developed this ecosystem to help developers access thousands of packages written by other .NET developers. Also, you can use it to share your code with other developers.
A typical web application developed using ASP.NET relies on many open source NuGet packages to function. For example, Newtonsoft.Json is a very popular package (with 91,528,205 downloads at the time of writing) used to work with JSON data in .NET.
What is the purpose of the Startup class? Not only for person with 3 years experience
This one is one of the common asp.net MVC interview questions and answers for 2 years of experience developers. The answer to this question is below:
This class is responsible for handling two important aspects of your applications. These two aspects are the service registration and middleware pipeline.
The services are C# classes that your application depends on and provides additional functionalities both used by the framework and your applications.
For instance, you can consider logging and databases as a prime application. Also, these services must be registered to be instantiated when your app is running and when it needs them.
On the other hand, the middleware pipeline is the sequence in which your application processes an HTTP request.
The startup class contains two methods which are the ConfigureServices() and Configure(). As the name suggests, the first method registers all the services that the application needs. The second method configures the middleware pipeline.
What is an Action Method?
An action method is a method in a controller class with the following restrictions:
· It must be public. As private or protected methods are not allowed.
· It cannot be a static method.
· It cannot be overloaded.
Also, an action method executes an action in response to an HTTP request. For example, here is an example of an Index() action method on the PostController.
It takes an ID as an input and returns an IActionResult, which can be implemented by any result class.
public class PostController : Controller
public IActionResult Index(int id)
So those were some of the common .net core interview questions. So do study these asp.net interview questions for 3 years experience developers and be prepared for your interviews.